7.22.2011

Hey, Boo...

Last week my most favorite book of all time, To Kill a Mockingbird, celebrated its 50th Anniversary. 

I loved Scout, I wanted to be Scout, and I pretty much was Scout as a little girl.  Nothing frilly for me thank you, I would rather swing on a tire, run barefoot around our farm, try to hang with my older brothers, and wear overalls instead of a dress. Not to mention her cool name.  

I am also intrigued by Harper Lee and her anti-spotlight life, I find it quite likable. There is a new documentary available on DVD called Hey, Boo: Harper Lee and To Kill a Mockingbird which I just ordered from here. Click on the trailer below for a preview:



Here's a link to a quiz at Garden & Gun about the book.  It was fun, I only got 5 right answers though, waw, waw, waw.....(*Note: Garden & Gun is my new favorite magazine, thanks January I found it on your FB page!)


I think I'll go find my copy of To Kill a Mockingbird and be 10 again.



2 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

I really like that book too! For the most part, the books I read while in high school still remain my favorites. Catcher in the Rye, One Flew Over the Coo-Coo's Nest, Of Mice and Men, etc. Maybe because we had to do reports on the characters and plot etc it helped me become really connected to each of them. Much different than the random books I read today (ie, Confessions of a shopaholic..ha ha).

Cassie Bustamante said...

for some reason i am still not getting your blog through my reader even though i signed up again as a follower. weird! i don't get it!

My email ~~ fleawith@gmail.com ~~